Donation Guidelines and Instructions
Mission of the Fontana Foundation of Hope
The mission of the Fontana Foundation of Hope (FFOH) is to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve. This is accomplished through making prudent donations for charitable causes, being a catalyst to solve community concerns and strengthening nonprofit organizations.
The Foundation responds to requests for support across a wide-range of community needs and welcomes proposals through this competitive process. Donations are available to support programs, activities or equipment purchase. Requests for equipment purchase need to include three competitive, comparable bids or price quotes.
- Nonprofit, public benefit corporations with evidence of tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not classified as a private foundation. Public agencies (in limited circumstances) may apply.
- Nonprofit organizations that can document on-going operations in Riverside and/or San Bernardino Counties.
- Nonprofit organizations must have an operational budget of less than $1million to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be in good standing; all reporting requirements must be current.
- Maximize resources and efficiency through collaboration with other non-profit organizations working in the field, or having a similar mission.
- Promote values of personal responsibility and self-sufficiency.
- Increase community involvement and volunteerism.
- Support early intervention and prevention of social problems.
- are located in Riverside County or San Bernardino County and serve primarily the residents of Riverside and/or San Bernardino Counties.
- have a proven ability to carry out programs consistent with its mission and a history of successful overall operations.
- collaborate or partner with other non-profit entities resulting in greater community impact and positive outcomes that improve, enhance, and enrich the quality of life in the two-county area.
- demonstrate strong, community-based boards and sound financial practices.
Preference is given to projects that:
- are perceived as a high need in the community being served.
- fill a gap in service.
- benefit a large number of residents.
- enhance collaboration and/or make the delivery of services more effective and efficient.
- have clear objectives and can document successful outcomes.
- expand successful programs to serve additional residents or new geographic areas within the two counties.
- serve remote areas or areas that have received little funding.
These types of expenses are not eligible for funding:
|• on-going operating/administrative expenses
|• paying off deficits or existing obligations
|• retroactive funding for cost already incurred
|• endowment, capital or annual fund appeals
|• capital projects (construction of buildings)
|• sectarian programs or fraternal organizations
|• direct support of individuals
|• school/college-based extracurricular activities
|• research or development activities
|• partisan activities
|• event sponsorships
|• re-granting purposes
Interest Areas for Donations
- Nourishment, Caregiving, Transportation and Housing Services– Providing essential needs to the local community and helping individuals and families obtain basic services to promote an improved quality of life.
- School Supplies to Youth and Families– Enhancing opportunities that promote academic achievement and positive youth development and developing family support services that foster learning and growth.
- Youth Sports– Encouraging and providing opportunities for local youth to participate in and enjoy recreational activities.
- Educational Programs- Providing support to schools and educational organizations that serve local youth.
Donations are awarded on a competitive basis. Applications will be screened for eligibility and completeness by the Fontana Foundation of Hope Board of Directors who will evaluate eligible applications for final approval.
Notification of Results
All applicants will be notified of the results verbally or in writing.
How to Apply
- Please read the eligibility requirements carefully.
- Open and fill in completely the application for donation and print out.
- Submitting the Application Packet
A) Submit SEVEN 7 Copies: 1 ORIGINAL (WITH ORIGINAL SIGNATURES) and 6 copies of the following:
- Completed Donation Application Form (Cover sheet, Narrative (2 pages maximum), and Budget Page).
- A list of your Board members and their affiliations.
- Your most recent year-end financial statements, audited if available.
- Board minutes from the last 2 meetings.
- A copy of your current 501(c) (3) letter from the IRS.
B) Mail the Application Packet to:
Fontana Foundation of Hope
P.O. Box 473
Fontana, CA 92334
C) Questions? Contact Fontana Foundation of Hope at firstname.lastname@example.org.